Tuesday 18 August 2009

VoiceThread as a tool for English learning

Hi Jo:

I've never watched the web VoiceThread but I liked very much. People use this page to describe their pictures or videos and other persons can comment on about the photo or video. At the same time you can doodle the photo while you are talking about. You can recorded your voice or you can write.

I think it could be useful for practising English. For example in a classroom the teacher can upload a photo and the students describe in English what they think about, writing and speaking.
They can read or listen their voices. At the same time this photo could be show in other school country, for example in a primary school in UK and the studends of this school make their comments writing or speaking in their correct English.

I think is a good tool to practice languages

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think Voicethread is a wonderful tool too. It's sites like this that make the web so exciting for teachers and especially learners. it opens up all sorts of possibilities for collaboarive learning.

    It would be very useful to add the link to Voicethread in your post so others can take a look for themselves.

    You wrote this: "I've never watched the web VoiceThread but I liked very much. People use this page to describe their pictures or videos and other persons can comment on about the photo or video. At the same time you can doodle the photo while you are talking about. You can recorded your voice or you can write.".

    I've corrected it to this (corrections in CAPITALS):
    I've never SEEN the webSITE VoiceThread BEFORE but I liked IT very much. People use this page to describe their pictures or videos and other PEOPLE can comment on the photo or video. At the same time you can doodle ON the photo while you are talking about IT. You can RECORD your voice or you can write."

    Thanks for this - let me know if you use Voicethread in the future.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete